Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winners for Rita's Sketch

Thank you to everyone who joined us for last week's challenge!  The Clean Team has chosen the Princesses for you this week and Rita has chosen her Queen!   
The "Perfect Princesses" this week are:


Lesley's Choice
Nancy of Nanc's Niche of Stampin'


Nanc's card stood out to me this week. I loved the colours, the embossed background and the wonderful cameo she created! The small pearls along the ribbon also added to the vintage feel of this card!  Clean and simple, this elegant card really stood out for me this week!  Congratulations Nancy on being a Perfect Princess this week!

Cindy's Choice
Ann Schach of The Stampin' Schach
I love a good man-card, and this is a great man-card!  The Cherry Cobbler with the black and vanilla is especially rich.  The paper piecing using the DSP on the typewriter paper is clever and perfectly done.  The texture on the red is a wonderful compliment to the overall look, and I can't hardly believe it, but there's not a pearl or piece of lace in sight.  Congratulations, Ann!  You're my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Jen M's Choice
As soon as I saw this card, the colors immediately jumped out at me.  My first thought was of a comfortable pair of denim jeans, courtesy of the Island Indigo.  And the herringbone technique Tara used to show off the many different colors of the designer papers makes the focal point look like a beautiful quilt.   And I love the modern feel of the sentiment.  It’s a perfect complement to the vintage look of this card.   Congratulations Tara, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!


Linda's Choice

This happy birthday card caught my eye right away!  The bold graphic design works perfectly with the bright colors and solid stamps.  Any little guy would love to have such a machine scooping up presents!  Paula created the perfect card for Sam!  Congratulations Paula on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Jennifer's Choice
Natalie at Cards by Natalie

Rita's sketch certainly brought out a lot of creativity!!  With all the choices, I kept coming back to Natalie's soft and subdued card.  I just love the colors here.  The little bit of distressing still looks "Freshly Made" and the pearls on those flowers are gorgeous.  This is an elegant card that could be used for so many things!  Congratulations, Natalie, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Jen Sannes' Choice

What an amazing batch of cards we had this week! I love this card by Allisa!  I really like how she flipped the sketch, and that little doggie is adorable.  I also like all of the the details on this card, especially the paper-piecing.  Congratulations Allisa, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Nina's Choice
Jen Brum of Ladybug Designs

There were so many fabulous cards this week. I really like Jen’s beautiful blue and white card. The two images complemented each other nicely and looks wonderful on the textured background. The gems and denim ribbon are a perfect finish. Congratulations Jen, on being my choice for Perfect Princess this week!

Tui's Choice
Kathy of Stamping Still

I was really drawn to this super simple, super clean card design that Kathy created.  I love the two shades of patterned paper, yet its subtle design is enough to create the perfect backdrop to highlight this adorably cute lil image.  Now, how could you not fall in love with these two gorgeously coloured fur balls, I think Kathy did a beautiful job with her colouring that I just had to select this card for the week.  So congratulations Kathy as being my choice for Perfect Princess!


And Our Queen of Clean this week:

Rita's Choice

First, I want to thank everyone who played along with my sketch this week.  What an amazing response!   I especially loved seeing the different interpretations; I always struggle to "think outside the box", so I appreciate the work of those of you who can.   It was difficult to pick just one winner, but I finally narrowed down my choice to this gorgeous card from Chupa.   I think my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw it!   I love the sketch flipped this way and the coloring?  Wow!   The paper pierced dress and the stitching are such beautiful touches.  Congratulations Chupa on being the Queen of Clean this week!


Thank you to everyone who joined in.  Be sure to join us tomorrow for another great sketch from the lovely Linda Callahan.

8 comments:

None None said...

congrats, everyone! stunning cards all around. :)

Ann Schach said...

Thanks, Cindy, for selecting me as a Perfect Princess this week! I am honored! And a bug congrats to all of the other winners!

Allisa said...

Thanks so much for picking my card as a Perfect Princess. I love your sketches! Can't wait for the new one tomorrow!

Lyndal said...

GORGEOUS inspiration from everyone :)

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Thanks so much for choosing my card Tui I am truly honoured!
It was a wonderful sketch and lots of people were obviously inspired by it and the gorgeous cards that the design team produced.

Jen Brum said...

Thank you so much for picking me as one of the Perfect Princesses! I am so excited to tackle today's sketch! The Design Team's cards are beautiful!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

Congratulations to ALL the winners. There certainly all give inspiration! Well done! hugs.

Paula Reid said...

Thank you so much for picking my card :) You have made my day. Sorry for not leaving a comment earlier but have been away.